11/30/11

Chicken Joe...



Meet Chicken Joe.


He's mad. He's been crowing at me allll morning because so far, I have not highlighted him and he is not getting the exposure he thinks he deserves. So I will fix that right now (in exchange the hens are to start laying eggs for me which so far they are not doing either, Chicken Joe, so that is your job!)


You probably can't tell but Chicken Joe is tiny, he's less than a pound and when he crows he throws his head back and looks like he will injure himself (oh sorry Chicken Joe, that wasn't the exposure you wanted)...


So he's really sexy (better, Chicken Joe?) with his huge comb. He has also bested our bullmastiff. After a lap or three around the yard hanging from the dogs mouth, Chicken Joe survived so he really does have a story to tell.


Ok, Chicken Joe that is enough of the blatant advertising for you, until you get the hens in line and producing eggs. You have your own house for goodness sake, and a heat lamp and a massive garden...you even have an admirer in the neighbor that comes and talks to you over the fence. I think you are good....


heh, and you are sort of sexy.


But seriously, was checking on the chickens and no eggs yet. They are about 4 months old now I think. But one of these days....


So yesterday I wondered if the one that rode around on my shoulder like a parrot when she was young would still do it. So I was in their house and I called her. I was surprised that she walked over to the 6 ft ladder that was hanging out in their house, climbed up 3 steps and flew to my outstretched arm and hung out with me a bit. She's a cool bird (not as cool as you, Chicken Joe...no THAT did not break our agreement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment